What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through web pages. They are tools that play an essential role in the provision of many services of the information society. Among others, they allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
Depending on who is the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and treats the data obtained, two types can be distinguished:
- Own cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.In the event that the cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself but the information collected through these is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.There is also a second classification according to the length of time they remain stored in the customer’s browser, being able to be:
- Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only interesting to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: the data remain stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the cookie manager, which can range from a few minutes to several years.Finally, there is another classification according to the purpose for which the data obtained are processed:
- Technical Cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it as, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access parts of restricted access, remember the elements that make up an order, make the buying process of an order, make the application for registration or participation in an event, use security features while browsing, store content for broadcasting videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, the regional configuration from which the user accesses the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: these allow the party responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of browsing profiles of the users of these sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data of the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of advertising spaces.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: store information on user behavior obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, allowing the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on the same.
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer o Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es- es/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web- guarden-sus-preferencia
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
- Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/es/privacidad-y-seguridad/como-gestionar-las-cookies/
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.htmlAdemás, you can also manage the cookies store in your browser through tools such as the following:(List of tools)Statement of cookies used in www.miempresa.esList of cookies and the information corresponding to:
- Cookie name
- Type of cookie
- Accept cookies. This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the portal during the current session.
- Close. The warning is hidden on this page.
- Modify your settings. You can obtain more information about what cookies are, know the Cookies Policy of www.grupoplan.es and modify the configuration of your browser.